I read What to Expect When You Are Expecting religiously when I was pregnant with my first child over 10 years (yikes!) ago. Now, I can’t wait to see the new movie by the same name, What to Expect When You Are Expecting, starring Cameron Diaz, Jennifer Lopez and Chris Rock. The comedy follows five couples whose lives are turned upside down by their pregnancy.
The book was my map to navigating the pregnancy journey I was on. The one thing I learned was whatever I could research, expect and plan all I wanted, but the baby and my body had their own plan.
I knew I’d have aches and pains, but didn’t expect the different aches and pains in places I didn’t know I had. I was prepared for morning sickness, but didn’t expect being nauseous 24 hours a day. I understood that I was choosing a path to parenthood but didn’t expect to come to the realization that there was really no going back…that baby was going to have to come out one way or another.
I was most surprised to learn that pregnancy is not something that happens in your abdomen. From your ankles to the hair on top of your head, the pregnancy hormones make massive changes throughout your body.
I was also surprised when some of these changes didn’t go away with the pregnancy hormones. Once constantly cold feet, my feet were warm and balanced after giving birth. My hair stayed thicker. I had a curvature of my spine inward that did not correct itself.
I also felt freer, happier and at peace with myself when I was pregnant. If I could have only hung onto that…
You can win tickets for you and a friend to see a special screening of the movie this Monday, May 14th at 7:00p.m. at the United Artists Denver Pavilion by leaving a comment below listing one thing you didn’t expect during your pregnancy. You can enter to win multiple times. Winners will also receive a goodie bag and t-shirt to wear that night.
Please enter if you are able to attend. Winners must arrive at 6:30 p.m.
Contest ends Thursday, May 10 at 5:00p.m. MST. Winners will be notified via email and will have 24 hours to respond.
Centrum Specialist® PreNatal wants to create awareness about the importance of taking prenatal vitamins as part of pregnancy nutrition through an exciting promotion across the U.S. On May 14, Centrum Specialist® PreNatal will host expecting and new mothers in at a special advance screening of the highly anticipated movie, What to Expect When You’re Expecting, by Lionsgate.
Centrum Specialist® Prenatal is a complete multivitamin specifically designed to support your baby’s growth and development, plus your own pregnancy health.* It provides all the health benefits from Centrum®, the #1 doctor recommended brand.
For more information on Centrum Specialist® PreNatal, visit the Centrum® – Nutrition Possible Facebook page (Facebook.com/CentrumNutritionPossible).
Rules for Prenatal “What to Expect” Screening Tickets:
- NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY. PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
- Must be 18 or older and a legal resident of the 50 United States and DC to enter. Not eligible: employees of selected bloggers posting the giveaways, Ketchum, Wyeth LLC (“sponsor”), and each of their parent, affiliate or related companies (“Sweepstakes Entities”), or their immediate family or persons living in the same household.
- Enter by submitting the required information, specified by the host blogger. Use of automated or scripted programs to submit entries are prohibited.
- Five winners will be randomly selected by the blogger to win two advance screening tickets of the feature film What to Expect When You’re Expecting!; each winner gets two tickets (one for themselves and one for a friend.)
- Host Blogger will choose winners from all eligible entries at random. The winner will be contacted via email by blogger. If a winner does not respond within 24 hours, the blogger will select another prize winner. All decisions are final. Winner must respond with a preferred t-shirt size for themselves and their guest (ranging from S-XL maternity size.)
- All winners are requested to wear their t-shirts on the day of the advance screening.
- Odds of winning depend on the number and timing of the entries provided. Failure to respond to prize notification or provide required information may result in forfeiture of the prize and award.
- Except where prohibited, winners agree that the Sweepstakes Entities have the right to use their name, city and town and likeness in any advertising and marketing material, without compensation or any right to review and approve.
- Sponsor: Wyeth LLC, 5 Giralda Farms, Madison, New Jersey, 07940
I am participating in a sponsored campaign hosted by Centrum Specialist® Prenatal multivitamins. I received compensation for this post. While all opinions stated are my own, I make no claims about Centrum Specialist® Prenatal as a product or its effectiveness.